In exercise of the power conferred upon the Minister by section 8 of the Trade Act, and any other power hereunto enabling, the following Order is hereby made: -
(2) This Order does not apply to scrap metal which, for the purposes of the Customs Act, had, on or before the 30 th day of October, 2007, been entered for export.
- This Order may be cited as the Trade (Prohibition of Export) (Scrap Metal) Order, 2007.
- In this Order "scrap metal" -
- includes any old metal, second-hand metal, broken metal, defaced or old metal goods (including machinery and plant), whether wholly or partly manufactured, and any metal which is the property of the Government of Jamaica whether ferrous, non-ferrous or ferro-alloyed; but
- does not include gold, silver or metals of the platinoid group.
- - (1) During the continuance in force of this Order and subject to sub-paragraph (2) the export of scrap metal is prohibited.
Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce