In keeping with the recent announcement made by the Minister of Finance and the Public Service, the Trade Board wishes to advise that the following changes in relation to motor vehicle importation will take effect as outlined:
• Effective May 1, 2008, the importation of damaged motor vehicles will no longer be permitted. Consequently import licence applications for damaged vehicles will be accepted up until April 30, 2008.
• All required documentation must therefore be submitted to the Trade Board by Wednesday, April 30, 2008 and should include the following:
• Official invoice
• Proof of purchase
• Cancellation or deregistration certificate
• Photographs showing extent of damage
The Trade Board reserves the right to reject applications if the damage is considered too extensive.
• Import licences for damaged vehicles issued from April 11, 2008 will be valid for three (3) months. This means that the vehicles must be landed at the ports on or before July 31, 2008.
• Importers are reminded that a permit is to be granted before the vehicle is shipped.
• As of May 1, 2008 , no applications will be accepted for motorcars and light commercial vehicles over three years and four years respectively.