- When applying for an import licence, an application form can be either filled out online or submitted to our office along with the following documents: -
- Proof of ownership (Certificate of Title, Bill of Sale, Gift Letter) in applicant's name, detailing model, accessories and c.i.f. value.
- Two (2) valid form of identification from the following:
Proof of Taxpayers Registration Number (both sides)
Where applicable, documentary proof of landed immigration status.
The Import licence is then processed and client will receive an email or text message notifying it's approval.
- Passport (Pages up to expiry date)
- Driver's Licence both sides
- National Identification
Please note that licences will be claused against sale for a period of one(1) year but if it is imported as damaged or under a concession the clause will be three (3) years.
Trade Board Limited has completed full implementation of its paperless import licence system; therefore clients need not collect a physical permit in order to clear their motor vehicle at customs.
Clearance is effected at Customs after verification of the order and clearance permit by the Trade Board Limited. Final valuation for duty purpose is determined by Customs.
- Where applicable, submitting the following documents: -
- Certificate of Incorporation
- First and last pages of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Letter stating nature of business
- Proof of N.I.S. and Income Tax Numbers
- When applying for an import licence the application form can be filled out either online or submitted to our office along with the following documents: - Certificate of Title, Bill of Sale, Invoice.
- Companies who are the beneficiary of a duty concession and applying for an Import Licence must submit documentary proof of such concession.
The complete motor vehicle import policy can be downloaded Here .