Export Licensing Process
Expiry Date of Export Permit
Please note that the expiry date of an export license is dependant on the specific product and the support letter issued by the relevant authority. Therefore, the expiry date can vary from one (1) month to (1) one year.
Processing officers are required to critique the information which is manually submitted at the front desk as against the information which appears on the system. Approval (Final Check) of licences is the final stage after the submission of the application and the main responsibility of the officer at this stage is to ensure that the item for export complies with the regulations governing the exportation of the particular item in accordance with:
- Scrap Metal Regulations
- Scrap Gold Regulations
- Regulations governing the export of coffee and pimento
- Regulations governing the export of live animals
- Regulations governing the export of scrap batteries
- Regulations governing the export of endangered species
- Regulations governing the export of brown sugar
- Regulations governing the export of petroleum oils
The approval time for a single application providing that all the requisite documents are submitted and are found to be in order and also, once the product complies with the relevant regulations is one (1) hour. Applications may take less than the estimated given above time; however, this will depend on the volume of applications and the availability of officers at the time of submission.