Applying for a License Using TBIS
All users must have a valid account-name and password before they can begin to use the system. If applying for a motor vehicle, click the icon labeled motor vehicle or click commodity for other items. You are then required to select the number of items on the permit, country of origin, currency and make of the vehicle.
• Please note that the issue date of import licenses will be set to the approved date.
• Invoice(s) submitted to Trade Board must be the same as those submitted to Jamaica Customs.
• Gray fields are compulsory (cannot be left blank)
• White fields are optional
• Information entered on TBIS are case sensitive
• Which has a maximum of five items
• Brown fields are not editable
• There is a maximum of five(5) items per license
T ARIFF_ S EARCH
TBIS contains an easy-to-use Tariff Code search facility, which allows a user (who might not be familiar with the various tariff codes and structures) to search for a suitable tariff code based on an item's description.
1. Select the Tariff Code hyper-link; the tariff search screen will be displayed:
2. Enter a Look-Up Description on which the search will be made and click the Find button. Possible matches will populate the Select HS Code pick list.
3. Select the desired HS Code and click the Select button. The Tariff Code for the selected item will be inserted into the Tariff Code field on the application form. Select the Close button to close the search window.
After submitting the license a permit number is given, which is used for direct reference to the license.
At this point you are then given the option of
• Create a new entry
• Pay for the permit using your credit card
• Print the permit information
Your permit information may be updated by you before payment is made, so please use this option to validate your information in order to avoid delays or incur any additional charges.